Welcome to the website of Fountain Park United Methodist Church:
FPUMC Mission of the Month - August / Shoe Project
In undeveloped countries, families simply cannot afford shoes. Their bare feet are subjected to infections that often leads to crippled feet, disease and in rare cases death. The blessing of a new pair of shoes is not only functional, but also a wonderful treat for these children. The happiness expressed through the gift of shoes shares the love of Jesus in such a real way.
> $36 will provide 10 pair of shoes.
> $72 will provide 20 pair of shoes.
> $144 will provide 40 pair of shoes.
Please use the “special offering” colored envelopes in the pews and notate “Shoe Project” on the envelope. Or submit a check made out to “Life Outreach Internation” and notate s\Shoe Project on the check’s memo line.
What’s Happening at FPUMC – August, 2014
- Fellowship Night: Wednesday, August 20th. Dinner at 5:30pm & Bible Study at 6:30pm in Fellowship Hall.
- FPUMC Softball Tournament: Monday, August 25th @ 5:45pm at Wildwood Softball Complex Field #2. If they win they will play again at 7:00pm on field #1. If they win that game they will advance to the Championship Game at 8:15pm on field #1. Come out and cheer on the team!!!
- Circuit 32 Laity Meeting: Monday, August 25th @ 7:00pm at Faith UMC in Sheboygan Falls.
- Worship Committee Meeting: Tuesday, August 26th @ 6:30pm in the library.
Things to Know
- Revival Results & Photos: FPUMC Tent Revival the weekend of Aug. 9th & 10th got off to a good start its first year. God blessed us with good attendance and perfect weather. Photos from the revival can be found on the Photo Gallery page. Photos from the church picnic have also be added to the gallery.
- Bible Study: Behold Your God – Rethinking God Biblically: A 13 week video/workbook/discussion program. Thursday evenings from 6:15-8:15 p.m. From August 28 to November 20. $10 cost for the workbook. Register at 452-1319 between 8 a.m. and noon by August 21. Go to the “Adult Ministries” page for a detailed couse description.
- Soda Pop Sunday: By simply donating the price of a can of soda will help save the life of a rescued infant at CSI Ministries-Kenya!! These infants are often found abandoned along the road or in the trash. So we are joining forces with other churches to support Dave & Jennifer Bell’s rescue mission in Kenya. The last Sunday of every month will be designated as “Soda Pop Sunday”. Funds collected will help buy needed items such as medicine, diapers, and infant food. What a wonderful way to care for “the least of these” until they are adopted by a Christian family. For more info about CSI Ministries, see the Mission Page.
- Operation Shopping Cart: So what’s up with the shopping cart in the Gathering Area? The Missions Committee has streamlined donation requests for canned & boxed food items and paper products. This will be a year round endeavor. All collected items will go to, 1) food pantries at Campus Life, Safe Harbor, Salvation Army, and Sheboygan County Food Pantry on a rotation basis, 2) out youth group can use any needed items for any of their missions, 3) and for other committees that reach out to our neighborhood. A printed list of acceptable items is on the shopping cart. No glass products.
- FPUMC News: Make sure you check out the FPUMC News page and the Photo Gallery page for news & photos about the latest events involving the church and its members.
- Hospitality Table: Join your fellow church friends and visitors for coffee, juice & snacks for a little social time every Sunday before and after the worship service in the Narthex. All are welcome!!
|Sunday||10:20 a.m. Sunday School for all ages|
|Sunday||6:00 p.m. Adult Bible Study|