Welcome to the website of Fountain Park United Methodist Church:
FPUMC Mission of the Month - September
Operation Christmas Child Shoeboxes: Don’t know what to do with those empty shoeboxes? Bring the extras to church that you’re not filling for others to bless a child. Or use a box from Samaritan’s Purse. Millions of children around the world will have the opportunity to hear the Gospel as they receive Operation Christmas Child shoe boxes. Operation Christmas Child helps open new doors to sharing the Gospel to displaced (refugee) children who have experienced the terror of war, in countries hostile to the gospel, or storm-ravaged nations, to bring them the joy and hope of Jesus Christ. Please carefully follow the instructions posted by the display in the Narthex. Shoebox deadline is Sunday, November 16th.
What’s Happening at FPUMC – September, 2014
- Staff Parish Relations Committee Meeting: Tuesday, September 16th @ 6:30pm in the library.
- Fellowship Night: Wednesday, September 17th in Fellowship Hall. Dinner at 5:30pm. Bible study at 6:30pm.
- Behold Your God Bible Study: Thursday, September 18th @ 6:15pm in the library.
- Circuit 32 Laity Meeting: Monday, September 22nd @ 7:00pm at Faith UMC in Sheboygan Falls.
- Worship Meeting: Tuesday, September 23rd @ 6:30pm in the library.
- Behold Your God Bible Study: Thursday, September 25th @ 6:15pm in the library.
- Bon Fire: Saturday, September 27th @ 6:00pm at the Fleck residence.
- Youth Event: Saturday, September 27th from 12:00pm to 7:00pm at Rochester Park in Sheboygan Falls.
Things to Know
- Revival Results & Photos: FPUMC Tent Revival the weekend of Aug. 9th & 10th got off to a good start its first year. God blessed us with good attendance and perfect weather. Photos from the revival can be found on the Photo Gallery page. Photos from the church picnic have also be added to the gallery.
- Bible Study: Behold Your God – Rethinking God Biblically: A 13 week video/workbook/discussion program. Thursday evenings from 6:15-8:15 p.m. From August 28 to November 20. $10 cost for the workbook. Register at 452-1319 between 8 a.m. and noon by August 21. Go to the “Adult Ministries” page for a detailed couse description.
- Soda Pop Sunday: By simply donating the price of a can of soda will help save the life of a rescued infant at CSI Ministries-Kenya!! These infants are often found abandoned along the road or in the trash. So we are joining forces with other churches to support Dave & Jennifer Bell’s rescue mission in Kenya. The last Sunday of every month will be designated as “Soda Pop Sunday”. Funds collected will help buy needed items such as medicine, diapers, and infant food. What a wonderful way to care for “the least of these” until they are adopted by a Christian family. For more info about CSI Ministries, see the Mission Page.
- Operation Shopping Cart: So what’s up with the shopping cart in the Gathering Area? The Missions Committee has streamlined donation requests for canned & boxed food items and paper products. This will be a year round endeavor. All collected items will go to, 1) food pantries at Campus Life, Safe Harbor, Salvation Army, and Sheboygan County Food Pantry on a rotation basis, 2) out youth group can use any needed items for any of their missions, 3) and for other committees that reach out to our neighborhood. A printed list of acceptable items is on the shopping cart. No glass products.
- FPUMC News: Make sure you check out the FPUMC News page and the Photo Gallery page for news & photos about the latest events involving the church and its members.
- Hospitality Table: Join your fellow church friends and visitors for coffee, juice & snacks for a little social time every Sunday before and after the worship service in the Narthex. All are welcome!!
|Sunday||10:20 a.m. Sunday School for all ages|
|Sunday||6:00 p.m. Adult Bible Study|