Welcome to the website of Fountain Park United Methodist Church:
We pray that your time spent here will enrich your walk with the Lord. We are ordinary people who hunger for more of God, a church family that cares for one another, disciples of Jesus who share His love of others, and a church where you can serve and grow. We worship and serve God from a heart of love, faithfully proclaiming Christ in word and deed.
Christmas Greetings From Pastor Warren Waddell:
“And his name shall be called Wonderful, Counsellor, The mighty God, The everlasting Father, The Prince of Peace.” (Isaiah 9:6) May you all experience the fulfillment of God’s promised Messiah this Christmas.
Yours In Christ,
Merry Christmas from all of us at Fountain Park United Methodist Church
FPUMC Missions of the Month - December
>>> Support Our Military: You have two different ways to honor our active military, and those in Veteran Centers :
1) DVD’s 4 Vets: Donate tasteful new or used DVD’s to our Vets through this program. Their mission is to provide DVD’s to vets living in 1500 Veteran Hospitals and Homes in our country. The program is not politically affiliated or receive financial assistance. What a great win-win situation – you reap the benefit of donating your unwanted DVD’s, and our vets reap the benefits of a “new” movie! Place your DVDs in the basket located in the Narthex.
2) Write a letter to one of our active military personnel. Watch and listen for more information to come on names and addresses.
What’s Happening at FPUMC – December, 2013
- Trustee Committee Meeting: Tuesday, December 10th @ 6:30pm in the library.
- United Methodist Women: Thursday, December 12th @ 6:30pm in Fellowship Hall. The program topic is “What is Christmas” presented by Mary Jane Wuestenhagen, Kim Benzchawel, and Pastor Warren. We will have a Christmas program and potluck supper. All ladies and their husbands are welcome. Please bring an item to share.
- Movie Night: Friday, December 13th @ 7:00pm at Pastor Warren & Linda’s House. Bring your own refreshment. Popcorn & snacks will be provided.
- Happy Hearts: Tuesday, December 17th @ 11:00am in Fellowship Hall. The program will be the talented Northern Lights singing group from Sheboygan North High School. All county residents are welcome. A free will donation offering will be taken. For reservations call Marie at 452-5442 by December 15th.
- Mission Committee Meeting: Tuesday, December 17th @ 6:30pm in the library.
- Children’s Christmas Program: Saturday, December 21st @ 5:00pm and Sunday, December 22nd @ 9:00am during worship services.
- Circuit 32 Laity Meeting: Monday, December 23rd @ 7:00pm at Faith UMC, Sheboygan Falls.
- Christmas Eve Service: Tuesday, December 24th @ 5:00pm. Everyone is welcome to join us in our celebration of the birth of Jesus Christ.
- Christmas Day: Wednesday, December 25th. Wishing everyone and their families a Blesssed Christmas.
- New Years Eve Party: Tuesday, December 31st @ 6:00pm in Fellowship Hall. Sign up on the poster in the Gathering Area.
Things to Know
- Need Cookies!!!: The Visitation Team is looking for donations of one or two dozen Christmas cookies for our shut-ins. Please bring them to church by Sunday, December 8th and give them to Sue Dennis. Thank you for maing our shut-ins Christmas a little brighter.
- Christmas Ornaments For Sale: The Choir is selling seven different beautiful pewter ornaments for $6.00 each. Money raised will go towards the organ repair fund. Ornaments will be sold before and after worship services or from any choir member or Music Director, Jim Wilsing.
- Kitchen Remodeling Project (Update 12/2/13): The project is very close to completion. Plans are being made for a dedication ceremony sometime after the new year and also a kitchen naming vote is in progress. More details about the project can be found on the FPUMC News page.
- Soda Pop Sunday: By simply donating the price of a can of soda will help save the life of a rescued infant at CSI Ministries-Kenya!! These infants are often found abandoned along the road or in the trash. So we are joining forces with other churches to support Dave & Jennifer Bell’s rescue mission in Kenya. The last Sunday of every month will be designated as “Soda Pop Sunday”. Funds collected will help buy needed items such as medicine, diapers, and infant food. What a wonderful way to care for “the least of these” until they are adopted by a Christian family. For more info about CSI Ministries, see the Mission Page.
- Operation Shopping Cart: So what’s up with the shopping cart in the Gathering Area? The Missions Committee has streamlined donation requests for non-perishable food items. This will be a year round endeavor. All collected items will go to, 1) food pantries at Campus Life, Safe Harbor, Salvation Army, and Sheboygan County Food Pantry on a rotation basis, 2) out youth group can use any needed items for any of their missions, 3) and for other committees that reach out to our neighborhood. Check out our Mission Page for a list of suggested items that are needed.
- FPUMC News: Make sure you check out the FPUMC News page and the Photo Gallery page for news & photos about the latest events involving the church and its members.
- Hospitality Table: Join your fellow church friends and visitors for coffee, juice & snacks for a little social time every Sunday before and after the worship service in the Narthex. All are welcome!!
|Sunday||10:20 a.m. Sunday School for all ages|
|Sunday||6:00 p.m. Adult Bible Study|