Welcome to the website of Fountain Park United Methodist Church:
FPUMC Mission of the Month - October
Traveler’s Aid: We support this local organization for those who find themselves in emergency situations, but lack the funds to help themselves. If you would like to support Traveler’s Aid, please place your donation in one of the colored pew envelopes and notate ‘Traveler’s Aid’ on both your check and the envelope.
Operation Christmas Child Shoeboxes (Continued from Sept.): Don’t know what to do with those empty shoeboxes? Bring the extras to church that you’re not filling for others to bless a child. Or use a box from Samaritan’s Purse. Millions of children around the world will have the opportunity to hear the Gospel as they receive Operation Christmas Child shoe boxes. Operation Christmas Child helps open new doors to sharing the Gospel to displaced (refugee) children who have experienced the terror of war, in countries hostile to the gospel, or storm-ravaged nations, to bring them the joy and hope of Jesus Christ. Please carefully follow the instructions posted by the display in the Narthex. Shoebox deadline is Sunday, November 16th.
- Stewardship & Finance Committee Meeting: Tuesday, October 7th @ 6:30pm in the library.
- Happy Hearts Luncheon: Wednesday, October 8th @ 11:00am in Fellowship Hall. Entertainment will be “The Hand Men.” Please call Marie at 452-5442 by Oct. 6th to make reservations. A free will offering will be taken.
- Behold Your God Bible Study: Thursday, October 9th @ 6:15pm in the library.
- Feed My Starving Children: Saturday, October 11th from 8:00am to 10:30am at St. Paul’s Church, Sheboygan Falls.
- Youth Pie Sale Begins: Sunday, October 12th. See Below.
- Packer Game Party: Sunday, October 12th at 12:00pm at Don Abraham’s apartment building in the Community Room.
- Behold Your God Bible Study: Thursday, October 16th @ 6:15pm in the library.
- United Methodist Women: Thursday, October 16th @ 7:00pm in the Youth Room.
- Fellowship Night: Tuesday, October 21st in Fellowship Hall. Dinner at 5:30pm and Bible study at 6:30pm.
- Behold Your God Bible Study: Thursday, October 23rd @ 6:15pm in the library.
- Circuit 32 Laity Meeting: Monday, October 27th @ 7:00pm at Faith UMC, Sheboygan Falls.
- Pastor Warren leaves for Russia: Tuesday, October 28th.
- Behold Your God Bible Study: Thursday, October 30th @ 6:15pm in the library.
Things to Know
- Youth Pie Sale: Begins Sunday, October 12th through November 9th. Pumpkin Pie $9, Peanut Butter Pie $10, Dutch Apple Pie $10. Pick up dates will be Saturday, November 15th and Sunday, November 16th after church services.
- Shoe Project from August: During the August mission of the month, Life’s Christmas Shoe Project, a total of $923 was donated by church members that will provide 256 pairs of shoes that will protect children from various foot disease in Africa.
- Soda Pop Sunday: By simply donating the price of a can of soda will help save the life of a rescued infant at CSI Ministries-Kenya!! These infants are often found abandoned along the road or in the trash. So we are joining forces with other churches to support Dave & Jennifer Bell’s rescue mission in Kenya. The last Sunday of every month will be designated as “Soda Pop Sunday”. Funds collected will help buy needed items such as medicine, diapers, and infant food. What a wonderful way to care for “the least of these” until they are adopted by a Christian family. For more info about CSI Ministries, see the Mission Page.
- Operation Shopping Cart: So what’s up with the shopping cart in the Gathering Area? The Missions Committee has streamlined donation requests for canned & boxed food items and paper products. This will be a year round endeavor. All collected items will go to, 1) food pantries at Campus Life, Safe Harbor, Salvation Army, and Sheboygan County Food Pantry on a rotation basis, 2) out youth group can use any needed items for any of their missions, 3) and for other committees that reach out to our neighborhood. A printed list of acceptable items is on the shopping cart. No glass products.
- FPUMC News: Make sure you check out the FPUMC News page and the Photo Gallery page for news & photos about the latest events involving the church and its members.
- Hospitality Table: Join your fellow church friends and visitors for coffee, juice & snacks for a little social time every Sunday before and after the worship service in the Narthex. All are welcome!!
|Sunday||10:20 a.m. Sunday School for all ages|
|Sunday||6:00 p.m. Adult Bible Study|