Welcome to the website of Fountain Park United Methodist Church:
We pray that your time spent here will enrich your walk with the Lord. We are ordinary people who hunger for more of God, a church family that cares for one another, disciples of Jesus who share His love of others, and a church where you can serve and grow. We worship and serve God from a heart of love, faithfully proclaiming Christ in word and deed.
2014 Wednesday Night Lenten Schedule: All programs will begin at 5:30pm with a meal in Fellowship Hall, followed by the Lenten Study at 6:30pm. The theme of the study this year will be, “Hard Sayings of Jesus.” We’ll explore some of the tough teachings of Jesus, working to integrate them into our own lives.
|March 5th - Ash Wednesday Service
Sermon Title: “Reconciled Ambassadors for Christ”
|March 12th – Lent One
Message: “Be Anxious for Nothing
|March 19th – Lent Two
Message: “Sell All Your Things & Give to the Poor”
|March 26th – Lent Three
Message: “Become a Servant”
|April 2nd – Lent Four
Message: “Deny Yourself and Follow Me”
|April 9th - Lent Five
Message “Not Everybody Enters the Kingdom”
FPUMC Missions of the Month - March (Three Missions)
>>> 1) Good News Jail & Prison Ministry, 2) Haiti, 3) David & Jennifer Bell, CSI Ministries in Kenya. March is a busy month focusing on three separate missions. Chaplin Rick Cawthon is our scheduled guest speaker on Sunday, March 9th, who will provide a mission moment on the Jail & Prison Ministry. On March 23rd, Lorri Brown will give a mission moment on Haiti. For CSI Ministries-Kenya we will be playing an informational DVD provided by the Bells in the Narthex before each service in March. All three of these missions are deeply rooted in Scripture. While watching the DVD, enjoy some leisurely conversation with your church family while enjoying coffee, juice & snacks from our Hospitality Table.
What’s Happening at FPUMC – March, 2013
- Rainbow Kids: Monday, March 3rd @ 6:15pm at FPUMC.
- Administrative Board Meeting: Tuesday, March 4th @ 6:30pm in the library.
- Ash Wednesday Service: Wednesday, March 5th @ 6:30pm in the Sanctuary.
- Daylight Savings Time Begins: Saturday, March 8th. Turn your clocks ahead one hour before going to bed.
- New Kitchen Dedication Ceremony: Sunday, March 9th @ 10:15am. Refreshments & snacks will be provided after a short program. (No Sunday School Today)
- Rainbow Kids: Monday, March 10th @ 6:15pm at FPUMC.
- Staff Parish Relations Committee Meeting: Monday, March 10th @ 6:30pm in the Parlor.
- Happy Hearts Committee: Tuesday, March 11th @ 9:00am in the library.
- Pastor Lenten Study: Tuesday, March 11th @ 9:30am in the library. Week One: What’s the Good of Prayer?
- Trustee Meeting: Tuesday, March 11th @ 6:30pm in the library.
- Sunshine Gals: Thursday, March 13th @ 12:30pm at Blackwolf Run. Contact Hope Krueger if you plan on attending.
- Chili Dump & Bingo: Saturday, March 15th @ 6:00pm in Fellowship Hall. Sign up on the poster in the Gathering Area.
- Rainbow Kids: Monday, March 17th @ 5:30pm at FPUMC.
- Pastor Lenten Study: Tuesday, March 18th @ 9:30pm in the library. Week Two: The Requirement of Prayer.
- United Methodist Women: Thursday, March 20th @ 7:00pm in the Youth Room.
- Rainbow Kids: Monday, March 24th @ 6:15pm at FPUMC.
- Circuit 32 Laity Meeting: Monday, March 24th @ 7:00pm at Faith UMC in Sheboygan Falls.
- Pastor Lenten Study: Tuesday, March 25th @ 9:30am in the library. Week Three: Claiming God’s Riches.
- Worship Committee Meeting: Tuesday, March 25th @ 6:00pm in the library.
- Youth Dinner & Dessert Auction: Saturday, March 29th @ 6:00pm in Fellowship Hall.
- Rainbow Kids: Monday, March 31st @ 6:15pm at FPUMC.
Things to Know
- Pastor Lenten Study: Pastor Waddell will be leading a 8-week study during lent. The topic is prayer using the book “Love to Pray: A 40-day Devotional for Deepening Your Prayer Life” by Alvin VanderGried. Classes will be every Tuesday at 9:30am in the library beginning March 11th. Books can be purchased for $5 in the church office.
- Chili Dump & Bingo: On Saturday, March 15th @ 6pm, come out of the cold and enjoy a hot bowl of chili. Bring a kettle of chili to dump into a Nesco and mixed with other chilies. Included will be French bread, cheese & crackers, plus cookies and bars. Beverages will be served. Join us after the meal for some Bingo with prizes. Sign up in the Gathering Area.
- Youth Dinner & Dessert Auction: FPUMC Youth will be hosting their popular annual dinner and dessert auction on Saturday, March 29th @ 6:00pm in Felowship Hall. Ticket sales begin March 1st for $5.00. All donations received will be used for the youth mission trip to Dinwiddie, VA, in July. If you love fantastic desserts of all types, bring your appetite and make your bids.
- FPUMC Rummage Sale: Saturday, May 3rd. Includes Brat Fry, Bake Sale, and Youth Soup Sale. Rummage donations can be dropped off in the Youth Room. The following items will NOT be accepted: electronics more than 5 years old, items containing Freon, tin containers from cookies and popcorn.
- Soda Pop Sunday: By simply donating the price of a can of soda will help save the life of a rescued infant at CSI Ministries-Kenya!! These infants are often found abandoned along the road or in the trash. So we are joining forces with other churches to support Dave & Jennifer Bell’s rescue mission in Kenya. The last Sunday of every month will be designated as “Soda Pop Sunday”. Funds collected will help buy needed items such as medicine, diapers, and infant food. What a wonderful way to care for “the least of these” until they are adopted by a Christian family. For more info about CSI Ministries, see the Mission Page.
- Operation Shopping Cart: So what’s up with the shopping cart in the Gathering Area? The Missions Committee has streamlined donation requests for canned & boxed food items and paper products. This will be a year round endeavor. All collected items will go to, 1) food pantries at Campus Life, Safe Harbor, Salvation Army, and Sheboygan County Food Pantry on a rotation basis, 2) out youth group can use any needed items for any of their missions, 3) and for other committees that reach out to our neighborhood. A printed list of acceptable items is on the shopping cart. No glass products.
- FPUMC News: Make sure you check out the FPUMC News page and the Photo Gallery page for news & photos about the latest events involving the church and its members.
- Hospitality Table: Join your fellow church friends and visitors for coffee, juice & snacks for a little social time every Sunday before and after the worship service in the Narthex. All are welcome!!
|Sunday||10:20 a.m. Sunday School for all ages|
|Sunday||6:00 p.m. Adult Bible Study|